Curtis was not just our Marketing Professor. He was our inspiration, guiding light, cheerleader, encourager, father figure, and mentor. Curtis challenged so many to see the potential we did not know we had. It was through his passion of teaching that inspired us all to do our best. That is why we have chosen to help give the same experience to other students through a Pre-Teaching Scholarship.
Curtis Youngman’s influence has spanned much more than his three years teaching at Weber State University and 37 years at Utah Technical College at Salt Lake / Salt Lake Community College. Thousands of people have enjoyed his influence as he served many years in DECA and his different church callings. Some have been fortunate to witness the personal side of Curtis, as he and his wife Karen formed and guided their five children and many grandchildren. All along the way, everyone has learned from Curtis how to work hard, to finish what they start, and to see the best in the people they come in contact with. The greatest lesson to be learned from Curtis is that you can experience more joy in life by helping others succeed rather than working for your own success.
The Curtis Youngman Excellence in Education Award
- One year full tuition at Salt Lake Community College.
- Awarded to a promising second-year Pre-Teaching student.
- Award is merit-based only. Financial need is not a determining factor.
- Qualification requirements to be finalized by Curtis Youngman with assistance from the Pre-Teaching department at SLCC.
- Curtis Youngman will meet and be available to mentor each recipient.